Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Animoto about the Book Wonder

 I am reading this book as a read-aloud to my class right now. Last year was the first time I read the book, and I absolutely fell in love with it. It contains such powerful life lessons. The message to "accept yourself and others the way they are" is such a powerful one. The entire fifth grade class is being read this book as a read- aloud except my teammate. He has a girl in his class with a facial deformity. He asked the mother what she thought he should do, and she said she would prefer it not read to the entire class. She was afraid her daughter would feel as though the spotlight was even more on her. I understand her concerns, but if she just read the book herself, she might have a change of heart.

                                             


No comments:

Post a Comment